Sunday, July 29, 2012

Calliope Market and Anges Water























Calliope is a suburb located about 20 minutes south west of Gladstone and this Saturday the town hosted the "craft and wood festival" in their historic village.  The historic village was neat and contained old Queenslander style houses like the one above.  There were about one hundred booths set up selling different wooden crafts, furniture and clothing.  I didn't find anything too exciting but I did enjoy a Churro and lemonade so it wasn't a complete bust.


Precious Gavin checking out the goats:)

On Sunday Nick and I headed about 1 1/2 hours south to Agnes Water and 1770.  These are neighboring beach towns and 1770 is named so because it is the location where Captain Cook became the first European to encounter the eastern coastline of Australia in the year 1770.  Both towns are beautiful.  1770 reminded us a lot of the coastline in California along Highway 1.  The water was the same gorgeous blue and there were several view points from rocky cliffs.  We will have to go back in the summer because we have heard the snorkeling is great!
Beach at Agnes Water




Haha, how could you not follow him up the cliff?






Eating lunch in 1770

Beach at 1770




 

6 comments:

  1. When I first read this I thought it said, "the location where Captain Hook became the first European..." haha. I love the looks of Agnes Water. No swimming that day? That one perch seems like the perfect spot for some cliff jumping. :) Safety first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you live in a beautiful place! What adventures you are having!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the names of the towns: Calliope, Agnes Water, 1770...so unusual! Love that endless blue water. Glad you had perfect weather (no rain) for another Sunday adventure. I get so excited every time I see that you've put up a new post. I think my favorite picture was the close-up of the market with the red and blue wagon wheels on the porch...followed by the beautiful beach pictures of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes. Last year in Bahamas, visited a town named 1492. :)
    Interesting name. Love the cliffs and beaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too get very excited when I see a new post. It all looks so beautiful!!!Keep the updates coming and keep enjoying your adventure!

    ReplyDelete