Monday, December 10, 2012

Cania Gorge


Nick and I ventured from the coast this Sunday and drove two hours west to Cania Gorge National Park.  The drive was beautiful, cutting through cattle grazing land where cows walked right up to the car.  The road turned from a two lane paved road, to a one lane paved road (where you were forced off the road if someone was coming in the opposite direction), to a gravel road.  

The park was really pretty and offered many “bush walks” throughout.  It featured several caves and aboriginal rock art from thousands of years ago.  Overall, a great way to fill a Sunday!
Boing, Boing, Boing








We thought we better get out of his way!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like the critters, but that cow looks hungry. You can see his ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nancy - that cow needs some midwest corn to eat. Love the mid-boing 'roo picture! Lovely area - so good you didn't come face to face with the snake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Aboriginal rock art. Breath taking. You know how I love rocks!
    This is 12/12/12

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're not using Apple maps! I was hoping for a train picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the swirling red rock/cave picture

    ReplyDelete