Monday, January 28, 2013

...and then the rains stopped

We are finally dry here in Gladstone and the sun is shining once again.  I was hoping this blog post would report on our sunny getaway to Noosa but unfortunately Cyclone Oswald made this an impossibility!  It started raining late Wednesday night and didn't stop until Sunday morning, releasing more that two feet of rain!  Roads closed in all directions leading out of Gladstone and we were unable to leave.  I am grateful for Nick and his ability to make lemons into lemonade.  He refused to let the rain ruin our weekend so we had fun at the beach at Tannum.  Take a look: 
Here are some more pictures of the flooding around town:
Walking around my school barefoot..

"Sure, I'll deliver those papers to the office for you.  Let me grab my canoe."
The covered pathways around school didn't offer much protection from the elements.
Our front door

Having fun with Jackie and Jason's underwater camera
Jackie and Jason
Tannum Sands




Strong winds at Tannum



1 comment:

  1. Great pics - way to make lemonade! I had to laugh at the backstroke pictures in the pool, it looks like two strokes could get you from one end to the other!! So happy it's sunny again and Oswald is behind you.
    PS Was the water warm at Tannum? Isn't that the first time you've been in the water there?

    ReplyDelete