Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year


The weather's right.  It's time.  I can feel it in my bones.  My favorite time of year is here.  It is...

(Drumroll please...)

Boilermaker Football.

Next Sunday, at 3am local time, my Boilers will be on the road taking on Cincinnati.  I can't be there in person.  And I will be relying on the questionable internet  to be able to watch them at all.  But I'm still pumped. After, all, I am a Boilermaker.

Somewhat embarrassingly, of the 10 best moments in my life, Purdue is in some way involved in at least 7 of them.  So this web log is dedicated to some of those moments.

At the top is a play for which a picture won't do justice:



 
My first Homecoming

Tailgating at Slaytor Hill during All-American Marching Band Pregame show

Marching with Uncle Scott and the Alumni Band

Mecca for any fan of the Big Ten.
BOILER UP
Win in Evanston with my college room mates

Homecoming Pep Rally - Joe Tiller signature on football
Game at Rice


After big win against Ohio State

Boilermakers don't smile

I expect to see this often on 9/14, when the hated Irish come to town.

I told Katie today that no matter where we are, no matter our plans, we'll be in Pasadena on 1/1 if Purdue's there.  That's just the fine print on any Christmas plans that came with marrying me.

All Hail Our Old Purdue


5 comments:

  1. Boiler Up! Preparation + Attitude = Victory

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite time of the year too! I hope we will see you in Pasadena on New Year's Day:) Boiler up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third time would be a charm for Pasadena!! I can dream can't I.
    Love the pictures. Memories, how they linger.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do a blog listing the Top 10 Moments of Your Life and put an asterisk by the Purdue-related ones! (I'm sure 1/29/11 has to be #1!!!)
    Gotta love those Rose Bowl tummy packs!! ;) So sorry the Boilers couldn't pull off that season-opener win, but if they're in Pasadena on 1/1, may we join you??? Sounds like another fun adventure! Boiler Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Purdue moments! We need a photo of your purdue flag flying in Australia.

    ReplyDelete