Saturday, March 8, 2014

Airlie Beach

Sorry it's been such a long lull between posts.  Nick is particularly sensitive to the lack of comments he received for all his charts, so he wasn't keen - as they say here - to post anytime soon.  Just kidding - the time really did fly by and we can't believe it's already March.  Quite frankly, I think we all needed time to digest all that information...am I right?  

Fresh off our Christmas trip (video still to come), we took advantage of a 3 day weekend and celebrated our anniversary by driving the 6 hours north to Airlie Beach.  It is known as the commercial hub of the luxurious Whitsunday Islands, and in point of fact Brangelina Polie was there the week after us.  So we booked a day tour around the various islands, but when we showed up at the dock and were told that there were 10' swells, Nick had second thoughts.  It was also rainy the whole day due to the approach of Cyclone Tina (This almost certainly wasn't the name of it - just one Nick decided to award it) so I didn't mind staying on the mainland instead of island hopping.  Below are some pictures around Airlie before the weather turned nasty.








4 comments:

  1. I have been waiting patiently for an update on this blog...Finally!!!! Your pictures are beautiful Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't even realize this post was here! I need an alarm or beeper to let me know when you've posted a blog. :-) Nick, I LOVED your charts and graphs - they always make me smile...and think. And these pictures of Airlie are SO beautiful!! Love the blue water - reminds me of the Caribbean. You've seen some beautiful places on your adventure! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm sure Brad/Angie went there after they heard you'd been there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this. Awesome. Beautiful photography.
    You both are amazing!!
    Love

    ReplyDelete