Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Boing, Boing, Boing!

I started working this week as a teacher's aide at a local high school here in Gladstone.  My first week is going really well and I think the position is a great fit for me.  Over lunch I was expressing to fellow staff members how I had yet to see a kangaroo and how I was really hoping to see one soon.  One of the women said that she was currently nursing a baby kangaroo back to health that had been separated from it's mother.  She lives on a large farm and found the joey on her property.  Much to my disbelief she told me she could bring the kangaroo to school.  She named the kangaroo Rosie and she was precious.  I never thought the first kangaroo I would see in Australia I would also be able to hold in my arms; it was a pretty cool experience.  Here are some more pictures of Rosie:




You can see Rosie's legs poking out of her man made pouch

6 comments:

  1. Cinderellas long lost sister! Oh so darling. Can you have pets in your housing complex? So glad that you got the job and that it's going well. Great news!
    Love
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your job! So glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! I may have to move to Australia so I can have a baby roo!! I love her feet sticking out of the bag:):):).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those toenails look deadly! Soo cute. I would love to see Rosie hop around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Who would have thought. Kate,I think this job was just waiting for you. Would love to meet Rosie. Love Anna Mae

    ReplyDelete