Sunday, October 21, 2012

Yeppoon

Nick and I traveled about 1 1/2 hours north to Yeppoon this weekend.  Yeppon is beautiful!  If there is one thing that Queensland is not lacking, it is beautiful beaches.  There is a 10 mile stretch where you can drive along the coast and Nick and I stopped at various beaches to walk around and take pictures. 






On our way home Nick and I were delighted to find a Sizzler which speaks volumes about our craving for a good American meal.  Many of you may not see the Sizzler as a great American meal, but Nick and I were desperate.  Two salad bars and $55 later, we left feeling disappointed.  I think Nick is still in shock from the cost.  Feeling defeated from the Sizzler incident (or the restaurant that shall not be named, according to Nick) we stopped at the grocery store to do a little shopping.  Feeling adventurous, we picked out some fruit that we had never tried before.  My favorite purchase was the passion fruit.  I almost didn't try it because the inside looks less than desirable, but I am so glad that I did.  I would say that passion fruit is my new favorite fruit!  


Nick cutting into a coconut

Paw Paw

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful beach pictures! And what a great place to be on a hot day. (Although I wanted to yell, "Get down off that rock, Nick!" in the one with the cool arch formation...he's like a mountain goat.) Another successful adventure. I'd think it would be hard to rank your favorite spots since you've seen so many that are so gorgeous. Sorry "the restaurant that shall remain nameless" didn't measure up to W. Lafayette's Golden Corral standard...but they DID set the bar high! Did you like the Paw Paw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe how beautiful Australia is. It looks so VAST! I love Yertle the giant turtle and all of your exotic fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Senior Picture of Nance in the background of your Paw Paw picture!!!

    ReplyDelete