Thursday, April 25, 2013

Anzac Day

 Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations.  Originally April 25th honored the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in the Ottoman Empire during World War 1.

Nick and I observed this day while relaxing on the beach at Agnes Water.

We had the beach to ourselves!





3 comments:

  1. I am envious of your beach trip, but at least the daffodils are finally out here! Where were all of the Aussies? Too cold for them???

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh My, what a wonderful place to relax. The sky is sooooo blue. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this today - I've been bad about checking for blog updates. Beautiful spot for a restful beach day...I would love to be there today! (Although Mother Nature is being nice again - 73 degrees right now, after the cold and rain of last week.) Have a great week.
    loveyoumissyou!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete