Sunday, April 14, 2013

Surfin' A U S

Nick and I met some of his work friends (Alex, Keith and Rachel) at Agnes Water this weekend and tried out surfing!  We had the option to get a lesson but since Alex had surfed before we decided instead to rent a board and get the basics from Alex.  It costs $25 to rent a surf board for 4 hours which I thought was a great deal and something we will try and take advantage of more often.

The overall surfing experience was fun but extremely challenging.  I was amazed how powerful the waves were and these waves were relatively small in comparison to waves we had seen before.  I felt like a rag doll every time I fell into the water and I fell into the water every time.  I was able to get to my knees by the end of the experience and Nick was able to get to a squat position.  We can't wait to "have another go"!

Driving to a more private beach to practice our surfing





Flying surf boards were a common sight

Alex catching a wave



Keith catching a wave

Boing Boing Boing



Rachel taking in the view at 1770


1 comment:

  1. We used to wind surf all of the time when I first moved to Florida. Surfing looks a little more difficult! What a beautiful view though!

    ReplyDelete